Sunday, December 21, 2014

Works That Defile Men - Part 38 of Riddles, Enigmas & Esoteric Imagery of Revelation

Star Shower
When we were last together I asked, "Aren't you a tiny bit curious to know what "works" you are doing on the earth right now, that may burn up at the Great White throne Judgment - with weeping and gnashing of teeth?"

God endows each of His children with talents which they will use on the earth to glorify the Kingdom of Heaven. "Works" by a believer that only glorify His Kingdom are symbolized by gold, silver, and precious stones as building materials for the house built by him - treasures in Heaven that are not corrupt. These incorruptible "works" will provide the threads that will design our Wedding Garment - righteous acts of the saints...Rev. 19:8. This house will not burn up at the Great White Throne Judgment.

Remember when the Prophet Samuel said to King Saul, behold, to obey is better than sacrifice...I Sam. 15:22? Obedience to God's call on our life is another thread in our Wedding Garment. The cry of our heart must be to always honor and glorify Him who has bought us with the price of the blood of Jesus Christ - we are no longer our own.

Often though, a new believer begins the "work" that God has called him to do, but then along the way he becomes prideful in his accomplishment, accepting praise and honor for the great work "he" has built. While "his" work may be very noble, continuing to grow exponentially on the earth, but receives adulation and glory from the masses, the house he built will burn up at the Great White Throne Judgment, because this believer took the glory that belongs only to God.

The Apostle Paul described incorruptible threads for the Wedding Garment, when he told his disciple Timothy...pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness...I Tim. 6:11. Notice that he said to pursue these attributes of Christ. Paul told believers in Galatia...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control...against such there is no law...Gal. 5:22-23. These "works" are the incorruptible threads - against such there is no law - that will produce our Wedding Garment.

Each believer is responsible for his own house - God gives him the freedom to choose the materials with which he builds his house - the Word is very clear. But, we must understand the consequences for building our house from wood, hay, and stubble - it will burn down to the foundation of salvation when standing before our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on that Day. While we will be allowed in Heaven, we will not receive the reward Jesus brings with Him - the Wedding Garment.

I must ask the Lord to exam my heart daily to see if there be any wicked way in it, so I can make the corrections needed while I still live on the earth. So I asked the Lord to show me if any of my endeavors for Him seek glory or exaltation for myself, if so, I must immediately repent and get back on His path of humility - putting others before myself - glorifying Him only!

What are the motives of my heart; is there any jealousy in me; am I envious of the "works" of other believers; am I easily angered, impatient with others; am I resentful and hold grudges; do I curse unbelievers to Hell for their works; am I dishonest; do I lie (even white lies); do I have selfish ambitions; do I have revenge in my heart; do I bear false witness, etc.? If any of these materials produce the house I build on the earth - wood, hay, stubble - my house will burn up when I see Jesus face-to-face. Then there will be great loss with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire...I Cor. 3:15. This short statement by the Apostle Paul should prompt an immediate question - what loss? The believer who built his sheep house out of wood, hay, stubble has nothing written in his heavenly book to warrant a reward from Jesus Christ when He returns, so his house will not only burn up, but he will suffer loss with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The word loss in the original Greek language is zemioo meaning:  to injure; to experience detriment. Since this believer defiled his house, by becoming entrenched in the materialism of the world, honoring himself or spiritual leaders of the world, there were no treasures in Heaven to weave his Wedding Garment.

In the Parable of the Talents (Matt. 25:20-30), Jesus said regarding the one talent believer...cast the unprofitable servant into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth...verse 30.  Remember in the Parable of the Wedding Feast when God threw a man out of the Wedding Hall, and he was cast into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth? 

So the unprofitable servant and the man without a Wedding garment are cast into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Hmmm...begs the question - Where is outer darkness?  Stay tuned...

God's sheep question the doctrines of men...sheeple follow without question








No comments: