Sunday, April 2, 2017

Judgment Seat of Christ Series #1 - Part 138 of Riddles, Enigmas & Esotric Imagery of Revelation

 
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away...and there was found no place for them...and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened...and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life...and the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them...and they were judged, each according to his works...Rev. 20:11-13.

Yes, we are are still in Revelation chapter 20 because there is so much information in it to unpack for our understanding, so that we will be spiritually ready for the return of Jesus Christ.  We will address verses 1-3, Satan bound a thousand years, in the next series. 

In the last series we explained who participated in the second death - they are human beings who rejected God's plan of salvation...anyone not found in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire...Rev. 20:15.  After Jesus Christ delivers the punishment for these people, He still had human beings standing before Him.  What happens to these people?

Anyone who has followed my blog knows that I believe that most of the visions in the Revelation Prophecy have been fulfilled.  If you read my past blogs you will see that I have provided names, dates and historical documentation for their fulfillment.  Looking in the rearview mirror at prophecy of scripture provides accuracy for clear understanding of the message, because it has already been fulfilled and documented. 

The Apostle Peter warned us against interpreting prophecy of scripture when he said...know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation...for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit...II Peter 1:20-21.  Because of his admonition the body of my work has carefully documented the visions of the Revelation prophecy as already fulfilled, or in the process of fulfillment, because the prophecy was meant to encourage all Christians, from the beginning of the Christian era to the end of the world.

That being said, now we embark on future events, so we must be very careful to read prophecy of scripture as it is written.  We can have some fun speculating in this series, which is perfectly acceptable, as long as we don't declare it as fact. 

As we take this adventure into the future, we will find that Jesus left us with many parables that addressed the events in Revelation chapter 20.  When we put His prophetic parables together - in the correct order - we will see in clear language His message to us regarding what we will face when we die and leave the earth. No interpretation needed.  I believe He spoke clearly so that we will be qualified to accept the reward He brings with Him.

In this vision, John saw all human beings that ever lived on the earth, standing before Jesus Christ at the Great White Throne judgment.  Those who were alive on the earth the day He returned, and those who were still in Hades, the place of the dead.  If you are a Christian, you have been told by your denomination that you will not appear before the Great White Throne judgment, because it is only for unrepentant sinners.  After all, you have already repented and accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, so you will not be judged again.  But...is that really what the scriptures tell us?

The short answer to this question:  the Judgment Seat of Christ has nothing to do with determining where a believer in Christ will spend eternity - that was accomplished while he lived on the earth.  The Apostle Paul referred to Judgment Day when he told believers at Rome...in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to My gospel...Rom. 2:16

So what is the purpose for all human beings - small and great - appearing at the Great White Throne judgment?  Jesus said...behold, I am come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to everyone according to his work...Rev. 22:12.  After I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I have continually searched the scriptures for the answers to my many questions.  This particular verse haunted me until I found out what is the reward that Jesus brings with him - a reward determined - according to his work.

Over the years I asked pastors, evangelists, Bible teachers and any Christian who humored me, "What is the reward that Jesus brings with Him?  While none knew the answer to my question,  many would say, "I don't need to know about any reward, as long as I make it to Heaven, nothing else matters."  But I knew that His reward was very important, because it was inextricably connected to His return in this text - so it must be significant - and it is!  I was passionate in finding the answer, which I will share with you in this series.  Are you a tiny bit curious by now?

When Jesus returns He says that...My reward is with Me.  What is the meaning of the word reward in the original Greek language?  Stay tuned...

God's sheep question the doctrines of men...sheeple follow without question~~~




No comments: