Sunday, June 11, 2017

Judgment Seat of Christ Series #11 - Part 148 of Riddles, Enigmas & Esoteric Imagery of Revelation


Did you see a report released a few days ago regarding an extensive survey, revealing that only one in four people in America believe that the Bible is the pure Word of God?  Three-fourths believe it is either comprised of some truth, or is mostly myths and fables. 

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God...I Cor. 1:18.  As a young person I tried to read the Bible, but could not understand it, other than...God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life...John 3:16.  Oh, how I believed this scripture, but didn't think it applied to me - I was a hopeless failure, because my Dad told me so when I was age 13.

After considering myself a failure for so many years, one night I found myself with a gun in my hand, struggling to get the bullets out of the box, to end my misery.  Before I could get a bullet in the chamber I heard the audible voice of God, which shocked me - and stopped me.  That night Jesus Christ became my Savior and Lord, and my eyes were finally opened to spiritual things - the cross was no longer foolishness to me. 

As I began my search of the Word of God I was filled with joy, which I had never experienced.  Then I found a text that was so sobering that my heart was grieved - how could this be?  Jesus said in His own words...enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it...because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and there are few who find it...Matt. 7:13-14.

I fell to my knees and cried out to God, "How could this be?  If they ever really knew Jesus personally, like I do now, how could they ever choose the wide road to destruction?  I determined that I would witness the saving, healing and delivering power of my Savior to anyone that would listen, so they won't choose the wide road to destruction.  But now, 45 years later, I read this most discouraging survey that reveals the accuracy of this scripture - so I am grieved in my spirit once again.

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened...and the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books...Rev. 20:11-12.  Apparently every Christian has a book where all the works they accomplished on the earth are written - both good and bad.  If the works found in his book glorified and honored Jesus Christ the house he built on the earth will not burn up.  If his works glorified and honored himself or the world, his house will burn up.

When we were last together Christians are standing at the Judgment Seat of Christ, where the one-talent - unprofitable servant - finds that the house he built while he lived on the earth burns up...but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire...I Cor. 3:15.  This means he is wearing the Garment of Salvation - free gift from God - so he can enter Heaven but...he will suffer loss...I Cor. 3:16. 

What is the loss?  While this believer is saved by the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ and will be welcomed into Heaven, Jesus will not be able to give this Christian His reward.  Instead, He must...cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness...there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth...Matt. 25:30.

All three references to outer darkness are found in the gospel of Matthew:  8:12; 22:13; 25:30.  Every Bible teacher I studied under said this means Hell - but does it?  If this believer is saved and can enter Heaven, but is sent to a place in Heaven called outer darkness, how could outer darkness be Hell?  My readers know that I ask a lot of questions, and must find scriptural answers to the questions, even if the answer contradicts the doctrines of men. 

The word darkness in the original Greek language is skotos meaning:  obscurity; shadiness-darkness of error; adumbration - outline/sketch.  The word outer is exoteros meaning:  exterior. Outer darkness is where believers will dwell in Heaven, whose defiled houses burned up at the Judgment Seat of Christ.  If they lived very close to the Throne of God, where the light of Jesus Christ reveals all things, they could not bear His brightness, so must live further away - exterior of Heaven...there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth...Matt. 25:30. 

Why will there be weeping and gnashing of teeth?  Aren't these believers in Heaven?  So many people have told me over the years that all they care about is getting into Heaven to see Jesus.  When I would ask if they wanted the reward He brings at His return, they said they didn't care about it at all.  In those early days of my Bible research I didn't know what the reward was either, but I did know that I wanted all that Jesus was willing to give me, so I went on a search to find out what was the reward that was so important, that He brings it the day He returns for His people.

Did anyone, besides the scriptures, ever tell you there could be loss in Heaven?  What does weeping and gnashing of teeth mean?  It means to grate the teeth in pain and rage, while sobbing and wailing with grief and sorrow.  Does this horrific description of emotional and spiritual grief, stimulate your curiosity enough to find out what in the world could you lose, if your house burns up at the Judgment Seat of Christ?  Stay tuned...

God's sheep question the doctrines of men...sheeple follow without question








No comments: