Sunday, January 28, 2018

Invisible Spiritual Realm Series #3 - Part 174 of Riddles, Enigmas & Esoteric Imagery of Revelation


There are two authorities in the Invisible Spiritual Realm.  (1)  God -- the all existing One -- is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.  (2) Satan is a created angel who tried to usurp God's kingdom from Him -- and failed.  He can only be at one place at a time, although, he has millions of demons who are stationed all over the planet to do his bidding.  Jesus, when He paid the price for the sins of mankind, destroyed the power of death Satan wielded over men since the Garden of Eden.

Jesus gave us spiritual weapons to use against the attacks of Satan and his hordes, but if we don't use them Satan will neutralize the authority of Christ followers, preventing them from setting the captives free.  Unbelievers will be subject to possession by demons to accomplish the work of Satan on the earth.  What is his work?  To kidnap every human being from God and take them to Hell with him.

Then they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and taught...and they were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes...now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit...and he cried out, saying, "Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are---the Holy One of God."  But, Jesus rebuked him, saying, be quiet and come out of him! And when the unclean spirit had convulsed the man and cried out with a loud voice, he came out of him.

An unclean spirit is impure, foul and lewd.  As the demon departed, the man convulsed.  This means that the unclean spirit was dawn out -- the man gasped with spasms -- much like an epileptic episode, and the man was set free from demonic possession.

We can see by this text that Jesus demonstrated boldly His authority given to Him by God, while He lived as a man on the earth.  Even before Jesus died and rose from the dead, he told His disciples...I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven...behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you...Luke 10:18-19.  Jesus has given His blood-bought followers His power and authority -- why aren't we using it?  We can't exercise knowledge we don't have, so we better find it!

What did the religious leaders in the synagogue think about this demonstration of power and authority by Jesus?  They were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this?  What new doctrine is this?  For with authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him...Luke 1:27.  Sadly, the majority of religious leaders today won't even discuss this topic -- invisible spiritual realm -- keeping their flock uninformed about the power and authority in the Name of Jesus.  Ignorance of what Jesus has done for us is a major tool of Satan and his demons.

While we study what the Bible says about the invisible spiritual realm, I have also been sharing some of my experiences in this realm.  When we were last together, I said that I had been asked by a friend to ask God what was terrorizing her friend in the night, preventing her from sleeping.  This elderly lady could no longer speak, and was too weak to write about her night visitors.  I got to work seeking God, standing in the gap for Beth, so we could help her.

A few nights later, I was awakened from a deep sleep gasping for breath -- someone had their hands around my neck choking the life out of me.  I was alone and it was very dark.  I immediately thrust my hands to my neck, trying to remove the pressure because I couldn't speak.  But I had trained myself to speak scripture without using my lips, which came in handy during this terrifying event.  I began to say in my mind, "I bind your power Satan, in the  Name of Jesus, leave me now!"  Still struggling for air I said it again in my mind.  Immediately my eyes popped open, as the pressure on my throat suddenly stopped, and I blurted out, "In the Name of Jesus!"  Just below the ceiling of my bedroom, I saw about a dozen skeletal figures dressed in shrouds, laughing, taunting and condemning me.

Whew!  I was wide awake by now, realizing what horrific torment Beth had been experiencing night after night.  I continued speaking scripture and praising Jesus until the apparitions disappeared.  The next time my friend visited Beth she found out that she no longer was tormented in the night, yet, we continued to stand in the gap for Beth until God took her home.

Is your church teaching you about the invisible spiritual realm?  If not, why not?  Are you studying the Bible to see for yourself what Jesus clearly demonstrated to you about the invisible spiritual realm?  If not, why not?

Surely you have seen some criminals interviewed that said, "I don't know what caused me to do that -- something just took over that enraged me---I couldn't stop myself."  Something -- someone -- did over power that criminal, possessing them, to enact evil crimes against humanity.  We see people on the nightly news, enraged with hatred with the desire to kill the person who dares to have an opposing opinion.  What causes this?  Stay tuned...

God's sheep question the doctrines of men...sheeple follow without question~~~




No comments: